Hi, I'm Demi, I'm 23. I come on here to ramble about my latest thoughts on life and what I'm getting up to in mine.

Friday 22 March 2019

What do you want to be when you grow up?

A question you get asked consistently as a child, and you change the answer every time you're asked. This is still me, I have no bloody idea. 
It can't just be me can it?

I talk to some people who have their whole life planned out from 18 years old, I'm like how?! I mean if you can do it, and you're committed then don't let me stop you. Where was all this inspiration when I was 18?

There are so many new opportunities arising all the time. I can't keep up with it so how am I meant to pick?! Obviously I have some certain interests, and I know what I don't want to do, but I still find it difficult. I know I'm not alone, I have a lot of friends in the same boat, and my parents too. Maybe it is because I had no one to look up to who has had a successful career, therefore for the environment I've grown up in, that's the norm, to flit between jobs, create a steady income and support yourself and or family, and be happy.  I'm not saying I have to/want to stick to that necessarily, but if its good enough for the most of us then why not do that. 

By all means if you have a goal, then you do everything you can to pursue that. I don't and perhaps having a full tme job, having a roof over my head and paying the bills is whats getting me by then so be it. Mum and Dad I'm so grateful I've been taught to be humble, pay my own way, ask for help if I need it, be grateful for things and to try my best and to not give up. I hope you are proud of me in whatever direction life takes me. 

Demi 
X
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love your openness. You'll find your path - I worked in customer service for 10 years and now blog for a living!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig