Hi, I'm Demi, I'm 23. I come on here to ramble about my latest thoughts on life and what I'm getting up to in mine.

Monday 4 March 2019

Feeling Stupid.

Hello everyone,

I want to talk about 'feeling stupid' .

This is quite often something I feel I can be viewed as and often the reason I keep quiet and don't voice my opinion. Which is silly. This is because I never feel like I know enough about subjects to contribute to a conversation, so just politely nod along and hope I don't get asked my thoughts.

I did ok at school, and very well at college getting top marks , so there is something in there, I've proved it!
However since then, I feel like because I'm not learning anything particular, a certain subject for example, I just don't know anything anymore.

This is something that has has been on my mind for a very long time now, and I feel a constant pressure from society I guess that I need to study something new to show my intellect and that I do know about the world and what's going on.

I feel like sometimes that when I'm around certain groups of people for example people that are older than me, that I'm just dumb and don't know about certain things going on in the world that I should. Politics, climate change, conflicting countries, I could go on...

What should I know at this age? Everyone comes from a different background and what you know someone else may have never heard of, it's swings and roundabouts.

I know I have other strengths and that's what makes me, me.

My stupidity can be a source of entertainment to others I know, you can all pipe down.

It's not a competition, who knows more than who?
If I don't get it, show me or explain it to me, it can make me feel very small and patronised.
I guess I miss learning, and will just have to accept I'm not the sharpest tool in
the box academically, but lets face it...

No one likes a know-it-all.

Demi x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig