Hi, I'm Demi, I'm 23. I come on here to ramble about my latest thoughts on life and what I'm getting up to in mine.

Saturday 30 March 2019

My favourite things to do on a day off

 I'm sure you all do to but since having a full time job I appreciate my days off SO much. I actually feel like its a mini holiday crammed into one day, ok that might seem a bit dramatic but it's true. 

Aside from the mundane, everyday chores we do, like cleaning, washing, booking appointments etc, alongside working through the week, we still have to do them on our days off, that's just life. However, personally I feel you don't have that time pressure of thinking " Oh I have to get this done before I go to work" or " oh I haven't got time to do that before I go to work". 

You get my drift.
You can take your time, I am just speaking for myself here when I say all of this, as of course everyone's day to day is different. Hats off to everyone living by themselves, it can be tough to keep on top of, and I only live in a one bed flat with my other half, so I have someone to help out and tag team it. But when you both can't be bothered, that's another story.

However there are a number of other things I like to do on my days off at home, if poss.

1. Have a lay in and not feel guilty about it. Then get up and stay in my pyjamas, watch TV,  scroll through the socials, tea in bed, chocolate for breakfast. Just taking my time. This is sometimes something I struggle with as I'm one of those people who like to just get up and get on with the day and find it hard to just do nothing. If I sleep in until 9:30-10:00 that's a lay in for me, I'm usually up before, much to my boyfriend's horror, who could easily sleep until at least 11:30. I just can't do it. 

2. Have a bath and pamper myself. Quite often in the week it's just a quick shower when I get in, before dinner, after dinner whenever.  More bubbles the better. I like to read in the bath and find that relaxing, however I often end up on my phone, must stop with that, such a distraction.

3. Seeing friends and family. This can be very hit and miss depending on what everyone does for work. Currently having to plan seeing friends in about 3 weeks time, oh life you pain in the bum. But if you can make a date..do it. Makes a nice change from seeing the same faces/surroundings all the time. 

4. Sounds boring but, just be. Just sit and do nothing.

 I think for me it all boils down to not having time restraints and being able to do what you want when you want. Taking the extra time to make a nice lunch as opposed to having a quick one at work, being able to let my hair dry naturally, paint my toenails, let my washing just go on the background. 

The list is endless. 

Is there anything specific you wait until your day off to do? 

Demi
X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig